Anyone able to go all natural? We are going to be TTC next month and I'm petrified again because I've had to get an epidural in the last stage with both my kids and I dont want another epidural again!!!

AmandaDenise26

Asked by AmandaDenise26 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There was no way I would have been able to do it all natural.. My labor hurt so bad.. I had to have the epi. And I didn't even feel it when they were giving it to me.. Then after that I was fine. But there was no way.. I didn't get my epi until I was eight and a half centimeters dilated..
    Poopie08

Answer by Poopie08 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i did with my last one, not my choice though!!! but allsaid and done you forget about it i think more than you do with the epidural. don't get me wrong it sucked like all get out during it but like all things it only lasts for a while. good luck!
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 10:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I did with my last after 4 horrible epi births(2 being c-section). Best choice I ever made! I loved it! Go for it!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• first daughter I went all natural when I decided I needed some"DRUGS" it was too late. 2nd child I took a shot it was not a epidural, it did not even take the pain away. The nurse told me that it was just to take the edge off when I yelled to give me something better it was too late. My twins I had c-section and yes I took what ever pain medication they offered me.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 10:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• There are several groups on here that support natural pregnancy and childbirth. They are very supportive and give great information and advice. I would see what you can find from them. I too would like to avoid an epidural at my next labor.
    Anonymous

• I haven't yet, but I am doing a home birth with this baby so I wont have a choice but to go all natural. There are several groups on here.

My best advice to you is find a midwife and give birth in a birth center or at home. Both are safer than hospitals and you wont get as many interventions, which means a smoother birth.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I had all 4 of my children 100% natural. Go in with a gameplan and a great support coach to help you through it. As the above user said...look up the natural pregnancy and childbirth forum. I'm sure you will find a lot of useful information.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• seek out information via one of the groups here.
    also, having a doula present greatly reduces your chances of having an epidural and/or a c-section.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• ouch. let me just say ouch. i ahd the first with an epidural and i remember every single moment of it. the second came too fast for it. the pain shot was a freaking joke and i remember next to nothing. go with the epid. if you had a bad experience find a new epid guy. just my opinion.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• it depends on ur pain tolerance. I tried really hard to go without an epideral and i did really good, but in the end i couldnt take it anymore. I want to try to go natural with the next ones though. Just try to go as long as ur allowed and if u can't handle it, take the epideral. but prewarn, the longer u go without it, the harder it will be to hold still through the pain in order to get it.
    Duskee

Answer by Duskee at 11:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2009