Have you ever been to a Busy Bag Swap?

I'm going to my first one in a few weeks and I'm excited! The idea is that you get 8-10 moms to each make a set number of "busy bags" (large storage size ziploc bags that contain an activity for your toddler/preschooler), the number of moms coming plus one to share/show the group. Each mom then leaves with 8-10 new bags of tricks for her child to play with. A cookie exchange, only with busy bags instead of cookies.
I'm making old fashioned lacing cards out of coated string and laminated card stock in a transportation theme. So far I have a car, train, bus, airplane and rocket ship. I'm working on a motorcycle, but it's a more complicated shape! Any other modes of transportation I'm missing?

Asked by missanc at 2:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2012 in General Parenting

• Great ideas, thanks!

Comment by missanc (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2012

• boat
    isabellah

Answer by isabellah at 3:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2012

• Truck
    Ship
    Submarine
    helicopter
    glider
    hot air balloon
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2012

• Wow what a great idea. I have nothing to add to the lists above. If you run out of ideas you might check enchantedlearning.com
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2012

• I have nothing to add to the lists either. I think that is such a great idea. Sounds like fun to me!
    JennieMarie1103

Answer by JennieMarie1103 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2012