pacifiers..

when did you introduce a baby to a pacifier,age.
oh,and read in some other post the word nuks,is that the same thing? what is that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nuk is a type of pacifier. I think it refers to the shape, but it is a brand name too. We gave my son a pacifier in the hospital because he needed it. I tried really hard to get my daughter to take one because she could not be soothed. Around four months she started sucking her thumb and it was wonderful.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• nuks is a brand of paci they gave my daughter one in the hospital against my will but i just dont like pacis cause i think they are useless but that is just me
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i didn't really want my son to have one BUT the hospital gave him one without my permission and he really took to it so he's had his since birth...and NUK is just a brand of pacifiers and bottles
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• The hospital gave both of my daughter's their first pacifiers.

They were NUK brand, so thats what I brought after I brought them home. My oldest lost interest in hers at about 2 1/2 months, around the same time she discovered the joy of sucking her thumb.

My youngest STILL hasn't lost interest, and I don't pay too much attention to name brands. I get what I can afford, and its all the same to her.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 10:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• my first daughter had one sense 2hours after birth it was a life saver but a pain in the butt to get away from her in the end she was almost 2 when the vanished
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 10:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• when the nurse brought her back to me she had one and the brand name was nuk. I like to give her the ortho pro because she loves her binkki and I dont want it to mess with her teeth.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i haven't had my baby yet but i know that when i was born i was more to sucking my thumb then anything the nuk or paci didn't seem right to me. In all my aunt sucked her thumb to and didn't stop until about 16 or so. I still sucked my thumb passed that but the reason why i do it is because it relaxes me and keeps me calmed down its like a stress relief for pregnant girls like myself. Sometimes i still do it when i get nervous, scared, stressed, or break out in a panic. the only thing that everyone says is that why aer your teeth like that and you sucked your thumb my teeth are perfect.
    Anonymous

• The hospital gave our son a pacifier and we just didn't think anything of it. It was a "Soothie". Those are kind of hard for them to keep in their mouths but he loved his. Afterwards we bought him the NUKS and other similar shaped ones. Pacifiers help to prevent SIDS so we were all for him having them. He's two years and seven months and hasn't had one in three days. Just a week ago he needed one in his mouth and a spare in his hand.
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2009