How Do You Remeber Your Little Angels?

On Feb. 23, it will be 3 years since the still birth of our first born, Dylan James. We laid him to rest in a spot that was very near to our hearts in MN -- and currently we're living in Chicago. So I ask: How do you remember your angels on the day of their departing? I'd feel horrible if I didn't do anything on that day. I just need ideas.

jen_greiner

Asked by jen_greiner at 10:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i'm getting a tattoo of mine. even though mine was less than a month old. when i miscarried. and on the day of it we will have a something to let her know we know she's up their still..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss... I can't tell you from experience but you could light a candle for him by a picture of him and allow it to burn through out the day. I would get a tattoo to forever have him on me: something that symbolized him etc.

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I have never lost a child, and I'm so sorry for both of your losses. I did however, lose my 17 year old little brother in 2007. Every year on his birthday, and the day he passed, I take a moment to remember him, say a little prayer (which isn't in my nature), and just talk to him. I did live close to his grave the first year, but we moved to TN from IL, so it would be a ride to get to see him, so I understand you there. God bless.
    KingLandon

Answer by KingLandon at 10:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Im so sorry for your loss :( I would light a candle, and say a prayer, I know that must be so hard on you :( again im sorry!!
    Eveshalloween

Answer by Eveshalloween at 1:28 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. I have not lost a child but my Neice (Hayley) was still born. The worst part of it is that she was born (premature) on her sister's (Kaytlain) first birthday, so that day is bitter-sweet. Every year at the end of Kaytlain's birthday party we all write a note to Hayley and attach it to a balloon and send it up to heaven. I found that it helped the children in our family...they were happy knowing that Kayley was in heaven having a birthjday party with lots of balloons and birthday wishes!
    MissPJsMommy

Answer by MissPJsMommy at 4:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2009