other parents adopting from china?

starbuckscafe

Asked by starbuckscafe at 10:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Adoption

• I don't know anyone personally, but I knew they're changed a LOT of their guidelines and regulations for adoptions abroad.

For example, they're not got a BMI requirement. If your BMI is over 30 (or 32), you aren't allowed to adopt.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 11:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• is there something wrong with the 1000s of children in the US that need a good home?
    Anonymous

• wow that is a ridiculoous rule
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Anon- It is none of your business how somebody builds their family.. since you are so concerned about the kids in the US, how many have you fostered of adopted?? Not all of them are available for adoption..

OP- I've have adopted from China... and the BMI is incorrect by the way.. it is 40 not 30. I've been involved with China adopton for about 5 years now, so I know the new regs as well. I stay active in many groups related to China adoption.
    My dd is 3 and was adopted at 17 months. Her 2 yr anniversary home is in April.
    IF you are just in the beginning stages, I would do a lot of research as the wait from log in to referral is currently 35 months and growing with no end in sight. Please message me if you have any questions. My site is www.honoredfamily.com
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• "is there something wrong with the 1000s of children in the US that need a good home? "

These types of stupid questions get under my skin! Why would someone be dictated to love another more because of the place of their birth!?! Geography, governments and borders have little bearing in God's eyes and God is the builder of families. Patriotism has nothing to do with it!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• We're getting ready to travel to China to adopt our daughter in about 6 weeks!
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 12:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• As I have learned, there is an adoption heirarchy. The little Chinese girl is at the top of the heirarchy. So, when building families many adopt from China as a status IMO this is shallow and disgusting.
    Kidsmamabear

Answer by Kidsmamabear at 6:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• "As I have learned, there is an adoption heirarchy. The little Chinese girl is at the top of the hierarchy. So, when building families many adopt from China as a status IMO this is shallow and disgusting."

REALLY? A "hierarchy"? First time I've ever heard of that and I have been an adoptive parent for eight years now!! It seems very shallow and disgusting to ME that YOU would be so judgmental as to someone's motive in the means God led them to building their family!
    Anonymous

• You know, I have adopted soon to be 11 children from the foster care system. I don't get why people always feel the need to act like "American" children are the only ones who need homes. I will hopefully adopt a child internationally someday too. I would just bet that the person who makes the rude comments has never adopting a child waiting in foster care and just loves to run their mouths.

As for the question, I don't know much but we'd love to help you out in the group Touched by Adoption. We don't allow such rudeness in there either.
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Kidsmamabear- Oh heck no....

I don't even know WHERE to begin with your comments...
    1.) I have a child adopted from China..
    2.) We did not adopt from China for a status symbol
    3.) I am seriously pissed right now, but I will explain WHY I adopted from China and NOT the US.. maybe your teeny little brain can comprehend this..
    Dh and I decided on our first date at 16 that we would adopt from China. We both wanted to do this...whether we had bio children or not. Well, after 7 years of IF, we turned to Clomid. I got pg right away..and our dd was stillborn at 36 weeks. We were devastated. When we were at a point that we could begin to talk about building our family again, we knew that we would rather continue with our plans to adopt from China. Why? Because we had already lost one child and at that point in our lives we could NOT lose another child. The system is broken in the States.. Continued...
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2009