Do you watch old movies and tv shows with your kids?

We recently started watching the original season of Knight Rider, and we just watched all the Back To the Future movies with my kids (who are 11, 10, and 4) and they loved them. They are very into the movies that we watched when we were younger now! And of course my 4 year old is in love with Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Ponies. The cartoons of today just can't compare ;-)

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 11:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh yes! Mork & Mindy, ALF, MASH, the original Star Trek series, The Honeymooners, I Love Lucy, Knight Rider, Seven Days, Emergency One, Brady Bunch, and more! Plus old movies featuring Cary Grant, Doris Day, Bob Hope, Don Knots, Abbott & Costello, Boris Karloff, The Three Stooges, Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, and I could go on and on and on! They just don't make good television or movies like they used to, and certainly not much that is appropriate for children anymore.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My kids love Pippi Longstocking, anyone remember that? I found it at blockbuster for like 2 bucks lol, i was like omg, Pippi, bc i watched it when i was a kid, and they love it!
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• omg, yes. we watch alf, dinosaurs, smurfs, heman and shera, xmen, back to the future, indianna jones, babes in toyland, all those old don knotts movies, whatever. we love old school. i love some of the new ones too. like jake long, total drama island, drake and josh, hannah montana, and i seriously miss the rugrats and kim possible. i know. i'm a nerd.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• LOL princezzmommie, I miss some of the kids cartoons too, especially rugrats and the wild thornberrys!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Our 9 year sat down and watched The Brady Bunch with me and loved it! Boy, I wish the Monkees still played.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i got my dd age 11 and my 2 sd's ages 10 and 9 into punkey brewster. i always loved that show. i treid with the flinstones they looked at me like what in the heck is this? lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 9, 2009