it seems like everybody gets c-sections..

like if the doctors just do it for no reason because all iT sometimes ever read is people "needing" to get them.
i was watching that one documentary i think its called 'pregnant in america' and i agree with what the video is about.
doctors just want money and stuff. i even found it hard to trust doctors when that one part in the movie happend ""the doctor told the woman that she need a c-section because supposebly her uterus was to small compared to the baby,then she switched doctors and nothing was wrong she gave a natrual birth,when the guy came back to talk to their old doc that doc was out in vacation"
i also agree that hospitals just want money!..
question is..IS THEIR A REAL GOOD REASON YOUR GETTING A C-SECTION OTHER THAT JUST BECAUSE YOUR DOC SAID SO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i got a c-section bcuz they broke my water and wasnt dialating and my sons heart beat was getting lower so i got an emergency c-section..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• sorry in the first sentence i couldnt go back to reword what i typed,
    but what its supposed to say is "Like if the doctors do it for no reason because all i ever read on here most of the time is people getting c-sections,ive never seen so many posts about it =/ "
    Anonymous

• Pregnant in America is an amazing documentary, so is Business of Being Born. Many c/s happen because of being rushed, fear of a big baby, interventions, and inductions. Women need to take charge of their births, and I feel that we in America just "trust" OB's because they have a medical degree.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• i believe that if it is really needed then ok but it is kinda annoying people getting them to just get them and just so they can plan their babies birthday in my opinion that is not fair to the baby what if they arent ready yet ? now medical reason that is diff my friend sara had to have an emergency c section because her baby was tied up in the cord wrapped around both wrists and her feet and she was sitting on it so her baby girl was not coming out naturally and had stopped moving that is a good reason for one but just for the "convinece" of it i think its selfish
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I got one because I believe i needed it (Atleast they told me i needed it and believed them lol)... I have HPV wth warts and I could have bled an enormous amount .
    Anonymous

• I had a emergency c-section due to severe preclampsia/toxima (sorry for the spelling), also they tried to induce me, but I never dialated. Me and my baby was having problems getting enough oxygen. It was a good thing they did the c-section at that time because the cord was around her neck and she was facing up. Also as they were pulling her out she had a bowl movement. So my c-section was a blessing.
    Anonymous

• i almost had to have one. My cervix wouldn't dialate past three and i hadn't taken the epideral yet, so the doctor said i might have to get one. I then got the epideral and it was like my body heard the words c-section and said hell know. I went from three to 10 in less than a minute, lol.
    Duskee

Answer by Duskee at 11:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• "Me and my baby was having problems getting enough oxygen. It was a good thing they did the c-section at that time because the cord was around her neck and she was facing up. Also as they were pulling her out she had a bowl movement."

This is the same thing that happened with my first child but I got oxygen and had a vaginal birth. Pushing just takes longer with a posterior baby and hospitals really should stress a change in position. All my vaginally born kids have had a cord around their necks and they have all had meconium. The healthiest one right after birth is the one that wasn't suctioned for it.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I've had 2 c-sections. One medically needed due to abruption and one was NOT. Because of that doctors tell me I can't birth a baby vaginally. They don't care that the research and studies say otherwise. Even after I did successfully birth one naturally they still tell me I can't. What a load of crap. They don't care about their patients. They care about money and playing God. All I can say is thank God for midwives and the option of UC.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Pauline that's all fine and dandy if you have all the time to push, but when the babies heart beat went dangerously low and mine went extremely high, you really don't have all the time in the world.
    Anonymous