MIL?

okay my mother in law is weird.. i dont know i talk to my mother very often but my mother in law only calls when she wants something.. its kind of sad.. then she'll complain about not seeing our son.. and when we call to see if she's home.. she never is bcuz she's always working and tells us that she'll call when she's off so then a couples months go by and no call... is this just my MIL or are all of them like that??

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• they r all like that, lol
    Duskee

Answer by Duskee at 11:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Mine isn't like THAT. It might be nice not to hear from her for a while. OH, THAT WAS MEAN. Sorry, DH (not) . Argh. In-laws are just problematic, period.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 11:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• really? thats sad.. like she had a car accident friday and he called her to see how she was doing.. and we didnt even get a call until today and it was only TO ASK FOR MONEY EVEN THOUGH SHE JUST GOT PAID YESTERDAY MY SO IS OUT OF WORK AND SO AM I SO WTF??
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Hmph. Maybe your MIL is like mine after all. My DH is laid off and I'm laid up (just about due), so I live with my parents and he lives with his, and all of his unemployment is [obviously] going to the baby, but his mom always wants him to buy her things. Expensive things. Like an 8-oz block of cheese (the little one) that costs $8.50 cause it's aged cheddar from Canada. Yeah, like we have money to throw around >:-(
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 11:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• wow.. katiebatey.. that sucks i'm sorry hopefully you guys get on your feet soon!!

my mil pisses me off she came online just to ask me can i get 170 dollars from you? i'm like wtf?
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• lol, nice. I'm glad that wasn't my MIL asking me that.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 11:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• lol.. it was.. and i was like umm.. where do you expect me to pull it from my ass?
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but not ALL of them are like that. I like my mother in law better then my own mother. I'm sorry you all got crappy in laws, but reading your stories make me appreciate what a good family I married into.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• Mine is weird too.. she lives 2 hours away, and when she comes up here to where we live (where she has friends), she doesn't tell us. Seems like she doesn't care much to see her grandkid.. she knows shes always welcome here, to stay the night too.. eh, whatever.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• MY MIL WAS THE GREATEST. SHE PASSED AWAY AFTER A LONG AND HAPPY LIFE. WE HAD ALOT IN COMMON. WE BOTH HAD THE SAME PROFESSION SO THAT WAS HELPFUL, SHE WAS GREAT WHEN OUR SONS ESPECIALLY WHEN OUE SONS WERE TEENAGERS. WE COULD SAY SOMETHING AND IT WOULD GO IN ONE EAR AND OUT THE OTHER! !! IF IT CAME FROM EAR AND R
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 1:51 AM on Feb. 9, 2009