Have you seen this website? It is in the news right now because of the writer's views on parents who overshare on social media.

You used to be fun.
Now you have a baby.

http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/

I don't post things about my child or photos.  I do feel that my child has a right to privacy.  I do think some parents overshare information about their child.  This blogger writes about it - she does not have any children. Some of it is funny some is mean spirited.  Take a look. 

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I post about my kids on my facebook, but that's because my friends on there are either family (who want to know and also who have kids themselves) or friends (who generally have kids). I have a website, and I don't post about them on there - in that regard, they have privacy, and I won't post things on there that could embarrass them later. The stuff I post on fb is just silly stuff, like yesterday when we watched the debate and one of them said that the candidates both looked like they wanted to smack each other. lol Nothing embarrassing. I also make sure to post plenty of other stuff, about myself, my career, etc., so that I don't look like all I ever talk about is my kids. :)
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2012

• I rarely post anything but pics for my family out of state to see. But i don't write status updates, i don't 'chat' via facebook. And i would never post anything about my kid that would embarrass him someday. People forget that things you put online last forever!

I read this site this am. At first i thought she was rude, but i get it. people over share. i'm sick of it too. i've 'silenced' people b/c i'm sick of reading their religious posts (like fricken 20 in an hour), about their infants bowel movements (really? how is that interesting?), or cute little love messages they send to their sig. others (seriously people, we get it, your life is 'perfect'...like anyone's going to really believe that), or some of the other stupid sh*t people post about.

And the people who hurt their careers b/c of social media...DUH! If you don't care enough about your character to post drunken pics, or how you hate your jobk, well, duh.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 7:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2012

• Yes, I follow it on tumblr. I think some things are funny and justified but sometimes the author is a complete bitch for no real reason. Really, she's a real asshole cunt sometimes, and she knows it. She thinks it's fun to be an asshole.

I post about my daughter on Facebook because I have family members who have never even met her. My daughter is the most precious thing in the entire world to me, and I'm extremely proud of her and I love sharing her discoveries with the world. I don't share nasty stuff and I don't post nude pics of her (things that the author of STFUP had talked about before). If people don't like me talking about my daughter's accomplishments and progress, they can kindly fuck off and defriend me. I'm not there to make them happy.
    caito

Answer by caito at 11:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2012

• I only share/post/interact on this site, CM. And I don't post much about my kids, no names, nothing that could ID them, and never any pics of them. I had never heard of that site, and really don't care about it. I do think that too many people overshare about way too many aspects of their lives in general, and I really don't care, which is one reason I don't do the other social sites.

It's one thing to be proud of your child, and to post things in a place where family and friends can see, but it's another thing to post every little thing your LO does. Most people don't care about that stuff, they want the accomplishments!
    Anonymous