• In the Spotlight:

will hydrocortozone work for a rash on my babys face

it sort of looks like heat rash, thankfully it's just on his head, I'm breast feeding...I think it could be from the seafood Ive been eating, but I also formula feed about 4 ozs a day enfamil... he also takes a pacifier ...has anyone had this similar situation red bumps sort of looks like acne????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no, you don't want to use hydrocortozone on the face since baby touches face and then puts hands in mouth.

baby acne is normal in babies. just leave it alone and it will go away.
    Anonymous

• How old is your baby? If it is acne it will go away. There are a lot of things that can cause a rash. It could be an allergy or eczema or something else. Go see a doc to have it properly diagnosed before treating it at all.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• My son had baby acne around 2-4 months old, but it showed up gradually. If the rash is swelling like hives, you should call your doc....or go to the ER. I doubt it's the seafood you've eaten. It usually takes more than a few times to have an allergic reaction to something on a small child for the first time....usually. I'm no doc, but I wouldn't think it's the seafood. The other thing I would wonder is if it's roseola (my son had it). It's a viral thing and the rash starts on the face and head and spreads around the body...usually accompanied by a mild fever. I'm not sure about the cortisone on his face. You may want to ask a doc about that one. I'm not sure that OTC creams were meant for the face. There are special ones for the face, tho I can't think of any off hand, and even so, they are prescription. Good Luck.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2009