smoking.

I have been smoking through my pregnancy...
I was smoking about a pack or more BEFORE i got pregnant, and than cut down AS SOON AS I FOUND OUT i was pregnant to about 5-6 cigs a day, than it got less and i was smoking prob around 1-3 cigs a day... now i can tell that my smoking has again INCREASED... im 32 weeks, but i feel horrible and cant seem to stop...

Any experience, strength and hope for me??...
thanks ladies...

& no offense, if ur all about negativity and get upset by this post, than please dont leave advice. Thanks :]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i know how you feel! i drastically cut down at they beginning of mine then right around 30-33 weeks it started increasing. Once i realized it (well my hubby realized and called me out on it) i started keeping hard candies and starbursts in my pocket/purse at ALL times. if i realized i had just had a cig and wanted another i would eat a few and chew on ice or a straw until i forgot about the cig. It was hard but it really did work for me....until the day my water broke i got so anxious that i had like 3 on the way to the hospital!! i was anxious and terrified. best of luck to you mama
    Anonymous

• PS - it has again increased to about 6-8 ciggs a day......
    Anonymous

• I'm a smoker and it seemed like the same thing has happened to me...around 33 wks...i have tried walking and stuff but sometimes it doesn't seem to help ...I really don't have advice..just some support to let you know us addicts are not alone..!
    Anonymous

• my friends i work with smoked their entire pregnancies and they came out okay i on the other hand couldn't do it because i was scared to hurt the baby.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• At this point to quit cold turkey would actually do more harm to your unborn child but I would definitely say that you need to cut down again. However, if your baby isn't a big enough motivator for you to stop then I honestly do not know what would be. Good luck.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2009