If I push harder during delivery, will my baby have an outie bellybutton? I want him to have an innie, should I just not push?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i almost spilled my coffee!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:47 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Yeah, don't push, that way he will have an innie. But if you push harder he will have a bigger penis.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2012

• Is it stupid question day? Did I miss the memo that we are supposed to post stupid questions in the wrong sections?
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2012

• Push it, Push it real good. what do you have against outies?? are you racist??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2012

• LOL, you know what though, my c-section child has an innie & my VBAC child has an outie. So, maybe there's some truth to this.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2012

• @kmath..i didn't push at all..emerg-CS..TBBITW has an innie and a smally.. lol. but then again, he's only 7.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2012

• HAHA, libras! Oddly enough mine are the same. My c section has an innie (But I did push hard for 4 hours before she got cut out), and my VBAC has an outie, but I only pushed 5 times with him (15 minutes).
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2012

• Stand up during labor. The umbilical cord acts like a bungee cord.
    If the cord is too long, baby hits the floor = inny
    If the cord is too short, baby dangles = outtie
    Just be careful it doesn't come back up and smack you in the twat cause that hurts. That's why you have to get stitches.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2012

• Pushing sweetie doesnt determine if your baby will have an inny or outty belly button. My mom always told me to put a quarter on the babys belly button after the cord came off. (Take extra good care of the cord area, keeping it clean is very important.) I put a quarter on all of m kids belly button for several weeks and they all have innys. Not sure if thats an old wives tale or not, but I did it anyway. LOL! Now back to the pushing... dont over push sweetie you can hurt yourself and tear things up inside, just try to stay relaxed and let mother nature take her control over the situation. No worrying, just calm breathing. OK? Congrads!!! Moma Hugs!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2012

• Just push it back in while you blow really hard into the baby's nose

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2012