5 Weeks Pregnant and Really Bad Cold!!

Is there any cough medicine or pills that I can take for this cold??? It is moving into my chest and it hurts like heck to cough, my eyes are blood shot and watery and my nose is plugged up like crazy.... anyone??? Please??

lilcutiepie2578

Asked by lilcutiepie2578 at 11:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OMG! I was SEVERLY congested for a whole month at the beginning of my pregnancy. It seemed like a horrible cold that wouldn't go away. I had to sleep sitting up fully dressed wrapped in blankets with a heater and vaporizer at my side for a while. This is gross but, I was vomiting the phlem from being congested the whole time. That's been almost three years so I don't remember exactly what I took, but I recommend talking to your doctor before you take absolutly anything. I do know that it was a pediatrics medicine because it was the only thing safe to take during pregnancy. And it was prescribed. You don't want to take something that could be dangerous for you or your baby. You probably won't find anything OTC b/c everything says "talk to your doctor if pregnant". Give your doctor a call so they can call something in for you. Good luck and congratulations!
    Mommy0425

Answer by Mommy0425 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I dont think that they are going to give ya anything but tylenol.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 12:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2009