38 weeks and....(a few questions)

i was wondering how many people get c-sections???
u know like 1 out of every 6 something like that (idk the real one that is y im asking)
also everyone in my house has been really sick and im scared that im gonna catch it and then go into labor with a fever and they keep my baby longer wut are the chances of that happing???
one more iv been feeling very bad pains down in my lower area
like it is opening and idk how to explain the rest is this normal
and does that mean labor is coming soon?????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• first of all CALM DOWN!!! i know its scary but try and relax. I had a c-section but my LO was stuck on my pubic bone and couldnt come out. trust me if you need one dont be scared its easy...you just lay there. keep drinking orange juice to keep your vitamin c up and immune system boosted, the pains are probably just everything getting ready. I can say i delivered at 38 weeks but there was a calm before the storm lol i felt fantastic one day and the next morning i woke up ate breakfast and then all of a sudden water broke!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 12:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Getting c~section depends a lot on how much you know and can assert your preference. Many c~sections are easily avoidable complications from other methods of professionals {doctors, nurses and midwives} handling a childbirth {the entire labor process}. They can't be done without your consent.
    Unfortunately, the younger you are, the more likely this is to happen as many new mothers are afraid or intimidated to state their opinion or instincts against a 'professional' who has handled thousands of births.. this does not necessarily make them the expert.

When the baby 'drops' {descends, usually headfirst} you have reached the last stage of pregnancy, wherein you will feel especially heavy or much uncomfortable pressure 'down there'.
    You will know labor has begun when a series of cramps begins, ebbs, and intensifies for over an hour {a guidline, there's braxton~hicks as well, but those aren't supposed to last that long.
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 1:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2009