Any Ideas?

Ive been having trouble breathing lately. I have a constant cough the cough is like a dry wheeze. I also feel like there is something stuck in the back of my throat. I am also sweating.

I have asthma and have taken the things I take to help but it doesnt help.

Any ideas? or questions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Oct. 6, 2012 in Health

• Are you using a corticosteroid for your asthma? After each use, you are supposed to rinse out your mouth thoroughly. This can cause the same reactions you are speaking of. I take Dulera, but it tends to actually make me more shaky than my Albuterol. Talk to the Dr. about switching you to Singulair. That has helped me in the past.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2012

• What you are describing is definitely asthma. Talk to your doctor. Maybe you need to up your dose. I used advair everyday and it was great.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2012

• I would be concerned about the "feels like something is stuck in the back of my throat" that has never been a symptom of my asthma. Talk to your doctor, this could be something entirely different.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• Answers could depend on your age. Have you ever had this before? How long has this lasted? Does it tend to get better or worse after certain activities or times of the day? Keep a journal of these observations and share it with your doctor. If it's not gone in a week or two, definitely see a respiratory and allergy specialists. I'd make the appointments now since they usually take a few weeks anyway to schedule. Then, you can cancel later if it gets better.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• Could be allergy making your asthma worse. Bottom line go to your doctor. No one on here can help you.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2012