Need help for birthday

I have two daughters. They will be ten in a week or so. One wants to invite her best friends (3 of them) to a "party". The other has 2 best friends neither of whom IMO will be able to come (one through lack of transport - we're in another town - the other because she suffers from brittle bones and her mother is unlikely to want to let her come). OK, so far so good. Wht on earth does one do for birthday games (do you even do games?) for ten year olds? I'm at a loss. I'm not very good with kids to start with ... I need advice, suggestions, anything that might help me. I don't even kow where to start...

Last time we did a party they were both still at the same school and there were lots of kids. Given that there will only be 5 or 6 of them, I'm seriously thinking about doing an organized birthday at the local bowling alley.

winterglow

Asked by winterglow at 6:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2012 in General Parenting

• No answers yet