When I was married my husband who is from overseas say we would work until we are 55 than go live overseas. He will probably still do this, but I think I will work well past 55.

Anyone ever thought to live abroad at retirement?

Asked by virginiamama71 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 6, 2012 in Money & Work

• idk

Answer by smiley745 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 6, 2012

• Yup. I don't plan on retiring until I am 65 or 70ish now.

Answer by m-avi at 12:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• I don't know.i did enjoy living in Italy.

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• Nope DH needs the doctors he has now.

Answer by Dardenella at 12:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• I think I'd like to plan trips, but I'm a homebody, and this is home to, all my kids are here.

Answer by ohwrite at 12:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• Too much unrest and requirements for us to even think about it. Here in the US not perfect but we have adjusted some what. I have been overseas, also if you are older with medical issues they might not even let you in been a welfare states, I think they do not want more people needing help. I know Canada is that way.

• No, I would not want to leave my kids, grand kids, parents, and siblings. Not to mention my friends. I'm retired - I'm a 39 yo SAHM that doesn't plan on returning to the workforce, my dh plans to retire at 60.

Answer by missanc at 6:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• My hubby talks about how much cheaper it would be when we retire but it's too far from family and what's familiar. The healthcare may be substandard. The security issues might be too much too...

• It seems too much like a dream to do that for me. I suppose that's me not having enough motivation to make that my goal. I've visited Europe and areas around there. It made me realize how much of a homebody I am. I don't plan on going ANYWHERE.

Answer by alexteale at 4:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2012