He wakes up, greets the dog, takes dog to park, then plays video games...

we have been having marriage issues for, well, forever, and we are supposed to be working on them. a huge part is that he is supposed to pay more attention to me and at least greet me before the damn dog. Well, he has not made any moves to take me out at all. No date night, nothing. Yet the dog gets 2 walks a day plus the park.

I'm basically less important than a dog.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2012 in Relationships

• Would you rather the dog shit on your floor?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• Here's an idea, go to the park WITH him and the dog!
    KristiS11384

• Eventually you will see what is working to save the marriage, but for now start with small things to do together like you going with him and the dog for the walks and park.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• Sorry about that. I can't really relate on a personal level but what are you supposed to do according to your counseling?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• The dog is about Kristi, he's not shitting on the floor. After he wakes up from his comfy bed in the living room I put him outback for breakfast & potty.

I do go for walks with him & the dog but i was not asked to go to the park. He only asked my son & then left.

We have done therapy twice. Maybe 3rd time will be the charm?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• *outside not about
    Anonymous

• It IS you!

I thought so.

My advice stands- don't wait for an invite, just go.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• You didn't answer what YOU are supposed to do according to your therapist. He must care a little or he would not make the effort to go. What do you do to encorage closeness. Do you greet him in the morning or wait for him to greet you. Do you HAVE to be invited or do you just go along? Do YOU invite him to do something with you?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• Actually, it takes TWO people to change the situation. She can't do it on her own. If he puts up a wall and won't help, and she makes all of the changes, she is only going to build up resentment toward him.

Are you in counseling? I don't know either of you, or the issues between you, but that's all I can suggest.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• It IS you!

Oh gawds, look at the date. It's a period pity party. Some people just need to learn to stay off the Internet when they're menstruating.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2012