another Obama question

is it me or is he trying a little too hard to be politically correct? he has a gay bishop at his inauguration, signs the law so that inequal pay for the same job for the same gender is against the law, letting the terrorist suspects in Guantamino Bay go free, and the fairness doctrine, plus whatever someone was saying about partial term abortion (i didnt research that one so i dont really know whats going on)... dont get me wrong i am a 'bleeding heart liberal' and i guess im such not used to such equal treatment, it just feels like hes trying to hide something, like hes overcompensating? i dont know i suppose this is just all new to me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Probably more of trying to placate as many people who voted for him as possible, as quickly as possible, because he's also indicated he wants to do some things that are absolutely counter to what his "base" would approve of (such as not getting us out of Iraq any time soon, putting health care on indefinite hold, and keeping up his opposition to gay marriage)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't be surprised if it's his way of apologizing after the mess Bush left him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• lol i suppose
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• thanks notpanicking, that makes sense. im interested in reading other answers, but no one visits this section so i wont :[
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Dunno,Don't care. I'm just glad he accepts everyone and has been so ambitious,strong,and is working hard and being a good family man at the same time. I'm happy for him.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I sorta feel the same way when you put it that way. Honestly though I have not been keeping up with everything. From what you wrote it does make me feel like he is trying to win everyone over with charm and that "hey I am on your side kinda thing."

I mean think Clinton. The guy got a BJ in office and people are still like "oh Clinton was the best," because of the charisma.

Then look at Bush no charm and then everyone noticed more how bad he sucked LOL

Think of it as buttering us up for the real politics.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• thats true sweetest sin, i guess i just have a jaded sense of politicians and think that they all are pushing hidden agendas :p
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Everyones on Clintons case,but seriously...tons of people do the same thing. I am against cheating, but no sin is worse than the next.I've drank underage,had pre-marital sex,etc. LOL, who I am to judge? I think Im a good person,but no one is perfect. I think Obama is doing his best and is doing well.I am proud of him.How many people can say they were President? I support him!
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i think Clinton did a great job, and that getting a BJ has nothing to do with his ability to be president. yeah it was wrong, but he was still a great president!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• It had nothing to do with his impeachement either - lying under oath about having sex with an employee did. That's also why he lost his license to practice law after his term ended.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:54 AM on Feb. 9, 2009