what can i cover my son's crib rail with since he is chewing on it?

he is using his wood crib rail as a teether. what is the best thing i can buy that will cover a pretty thick rail? i just noticed the scrap marks on the crib, how dangerous is this? has anyone's baby done this before. i have no idea when he did this since he only goes in his crib to sleep.

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 12:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They make rail guards. Check Babies R Us. It's a clear plastic strip, hopefully made of non toxic plastic.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 12:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I agree with the PP google it if you have to, but I have seen them.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• they have them at baby's r us 100% I was about to buy one, when I realized my rail alrd has a guard on it, my fiance reminded me..I had this item in my hand so I know it's there!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• If the plastic one does not fit then put a thick balnket over the rail. Just be sure to secure it but tucking it into the mattress or something.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:57 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• baby's R us sells the plastic cover for that
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• warafin
    Anonymous