Welts on a 9 month old for 4 days, tried everything I can think of.. sugestions?

My 9 month old has been getting welts, bright red skin, with a blistery looking bump in the center, for four days no. She's a little itchy, but not to bad. I figuared I had givin her ham and she just had a reaction, so I stopped the ham. Well, she was still getting it. So we went to apples and bananas and cereal. She's still getting them. SO I scrubbed her REALLY good in the bath.... nope... So I said oh hey, new diapers, stopped using them... nope..
the welts started on her legs, then her arms, a little on her back, and now their even on her face! The come in and hang around for 10 mins and fade away for a little while, then more pop up. Dr. said awhile ago to use benadril now he's saying not to and to use cream, when last time he said cream was inafective.... WHAT THE HECK DO I DO???? LOL Make up my mind...

Any sugestion??? PLEASE lol I'm gonna go nuts I can't figuare out whats'w wrong with my baby... ty

Angela411

Asked by Angela411 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Health

• have you changed laundry detergent or fabric softener lately?

are you wearing any lotions? stop using them, it may be a reaction to the lotion you use because you touch her...

has the doctor seen her in the last 4 days?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i wuoldnt scrub her skin anymore it will probably irritate it more. and dont give her a bath that is warm make sure its luke warm room temp.

it sounds like hives that are going throughout her body and warm and heat will make it so much worse. i had hives on my whole body and i was also cold and i took a warm bath it made it so much worse it was HORRIBLE.....

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• even if you dont change soaps or detergents, peoples body can suddenly become irritated and allergic to them even if you have not changed them at all.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Nope, same soaps, and everything :( I was thinking about just washing her in the sink with water no soap for a while... I haven't been wearing anything different..... gees... I just don't know

Dr said to bring her in tomorrow if the hives and welts didnt get any better, So we're going to go... But I just wanted to figuare out WHAT could be causing this you know?
    Angela411

Answer by Angela411 at 12:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• you could try an all natural baby soap. they make them and sell them in natural stores. no chemicals or dyes or anything....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• call her pediatrician!!!!!!!

RIERIE

Answer by RIERIE at 12:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I have called, he gives me confusing information lol The first time I called about it they hung up on me casue she was crying in the back ground, I"m a little fed up with them.
    Angela411

Answer by Angela411 at 12:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• From the description it sounds like hives. Good reference page. http://www.uptodate.com/patients/content/topic.do?topicKey=~akpD.3o0Es/hsk
    Have you already given her benedryl? That is my first reaction to hives. If you have already given it to her DO NOT give more then the recommended dosage. If you have given her benedryl and she still has them and she is still breaking out badly, please consider taking her to the ER if she contiues her reaction. Chances are it will go away on it's own. Does she have any other symptoms?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2009