How are you differant?

The highlights of my week were going shopping at Sam's club and discovering I can reserve books at the library online and they will have them ready when I get there.Yeah. Before the whole marriage and baby business, I was fun. I did exciting things. I could stay out all night, and work the next day. I could go spend 100 bucks on a purse and not bat an eye. My friends and I talked about sex and other interesting things. Now we talk about diaper rash. So, I guess my question is, How has being a wife and mother changed you? And don't say it hasn't because we will all know you are full of crap.

Rebecca7708

Asked by Rebecca7708 at 12:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I clip coupons and read labels.

I used to be a horror movie junkie, and now I can't stand to watch anything that involved a child in trouble, not even episodes of Cold Case where the victim is a kid.

I can recite Fox in Sox from memory.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Umm I don't know if this makes me lame, but I think checking a book out from the library IS exciting. Before I became a mommy and a wife I went to church every sunday, read my bible, sewed and stayed at home on Friday nights so honestly not much has changed except I don't go to church anymore. Oh and I drink a little more now, so I guess I have become a lame alcoholic.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 12:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I actually put everyone's needs before my own now. I can't believe how selfish and self-centered I used to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• before i became a mommy and a wife. my friends and i would get all dolled up and go out. talk about guys and all that stuff. now that im a mommy and a wife. i dont give a crap what i look like. i feel like a whale anyways. i wear more sweat pants and t-shirts. and my friends and i since they have kids now. all we talk about is what our babys poop looked like. or how we want a diffrent diaper bag.
    KCsMom08

Answer by KCsMom08 at 1:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• iv all ways had a problem trying to make other people happy and not doing anything for me
    since i got pregnant (no baby yet but anyday now)
    iv started to spend my mom on me and my baby and thinking more about her and my life and not trying to do anything to make people happy
    it has also made me relize that i cant trust most of my family
    it really scuks but im glad i found out sooner then later
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Becoming a mother has made me a super hero.

I have magic boo-boo healing powers, I have x-ray vision, I am sooooo strong and I can kiss/smack/hug in the blink of an eye.

I wouldn't trade it for anything. My 20s and early 30s were empty blah-blah fun - drinking, sleeping around, making risky choices. I ran my guardian angel ragged until I decided to grow up. I don't want to be any age but 41 - I'm happy.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:38 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I didn't do a whole lot before I had kids, as in going out drinking and that kind of thing so that has not changed for me. But I have to say I do miss doing what ever I wanted when ever I wanted. I would not change having my boys for anything but at the same time I also find my self longing for my single care free days!

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 8:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2009