Should I go with my husband or stay home (PIOG)?

For my husband's birthday I bought him tickets to see his favorite band. We went last month and saw them. Last week, the band announced that the singer and the band have decided to part ways and they would be bringing another singer in to finish their American tour. At first my husband was very upset but then he saw some videos of the new singer with the band. He then found out that the band will be playing in Lake Buena Vista, Fl which is about a 9 hour drive from us. He wanted me to go but I told him to see if any of his friends want to go. No one can. He asked if he can go by himself if I don't go and I told him as long as he has the money to go, then I don't mind.

Here is my dilema. He has been asking me to go with him. I don't care to drive/ride 9 hours, go to a concert where I would rather sit and listen to the music whereas my husband wants to be in the mosh pit, and then drive/ride 9 hours back. I thought about riding/driving down there with him and then going to do/see something I enjoy. This way I can take turns driving with him. However, if I do go I will have to take off from work and find someone to watch our son for two nights. I am just so unsure about what to do. Any advice/suggestions/opinions?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 7:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Ugh, I'd stay home.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• Go with him and get some one on one time with him
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• Go but, don't go to the concert, stay in the hotel and relax.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• I'd go with him. I'd worry about him spending 18 hours on the road by himself.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• I'd talk my husband out of it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• I'd go with. ROAD TRIP!
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• mompam, at this point that is not possible. He already has his ticket. I am trying to convince him to get a motel room after the concert, but he is being stubborn.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• I agree. Road trip! Maybe the concert won't be your thing, but you could get in some good couple time while you and your husband take turns driving. If you get a motel room, then maybe you could do something more to your liking on the way home the next day.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• Okay, so I have decided to go ahead and request a day off from work and see if I can find someone to watch our son. If neither are possible, I can at least say I tried.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• Make it happen!
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 12:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2012