any one know of.... plz help me

does anyone know of any good groups where young moms

can met up and talk about the babys and make friends or jsut any moms at all?????

(in colorado springs colorado)

im only 17 and iv lost a bunch of friends

because i got pregnant and i guess they dont want to be around someone who cant party or anything "fun"

or a website where i could find a group would be good to

im only 38 weeks but i would like to know of some groups a head of time

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 1:04 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it's weird, I'm at the opposite end of where you are. I'm an older mom with older kids and I'm looking for groups for my age!! I find groups on CM by just searching different words of whatever kind of group I'm interested in - just keep doing that. Some groups you can just join up right away and others are more private and confidential and have to be applied to. How old is your baby? You're very smart to look for other moms to be with. You should be proud of yourself for doing that, taking care of your own self and getting support in different ways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• no baby yet she is due on the 23rd of this month but i hope she comes soon!!!!
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 1:10 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Hi, I'm the one who just responded to you. OH A GIRL!! What makes you think for SURE she's a girl? What if it's a boy?!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I did a search for Moms and Me playgroups in your area, and this page came up - it looks like it had couple of links on there -

http://www.city-data.com/forum/colorado-springs/269437-monument-moms-playgroup.html

This one looked like it had a LOT of moms groups that you could check out -

http://www.childavenue.com/pages/playgroups_pages/playgroups_co.html

Also, I found this one, it's got a lot of phone numbers and addresses and stuff, and it all focuses on teen parents - some of them might not be for you, because they have things that range from adoption packet classes to teen parenting classes - they cover the whole range - but they also had a support group for teen parents.

That might be a good place to start, because then you could meet other girls your age and going through the same things, and build from there - maybe start your own playgroup :-)

http://www.thebutlerinstitute.org/images/ILPResources/Par
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• cont -

Hope this helps, and that you're able to meet some new friends that you can have things in common with soon :-)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i agree with pp. just keep typing in key words in the finding groups section, like young moms, teen moms and so on. i hope you find a good supportive group and im sorry to hear your friends bailed on you. keep your spirits up and just be the best mommy you can be
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 1:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Oh - I forgot one other thing - I would also maybe ask your school guidance counselor or your OB if they know of any support groups, play groups, etc, for teen moms in your area. They would be a GREAT resource to start with :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I agree with all PPs, I found a friend in my little city just by periodically typing in my city's name. We have never met but we did chat and have each other on friends list. I guess it is our lack of time and desire to really meet but for the most part it is kinda cool to know I have a Cafemom 2 miles away,lol.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2009