what are your thoughts on inductions?

if you are past your due date...

and nothing has changed at ALL and you are NOT dilated at ALL what are your opinions on it?

Thanks :)

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• at my hospital, unless you have a medical reason they will not induce you until you're at least 10 days overdue
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• sorry that didnt answer your question... i think you should wait as long as you can because its better for the baby, plus ones their out you cant put them back in ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i was induced three days over due. it was fine. you will have people say to wait it out baby will come when its ready....etc. i think to each her own, do what works for you. you know whats best.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• lol ones, i meant once
    aliciatron

• yeah every hospital has their own rules, my friend got induced at 2 days overdue at a diff hospital
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i think its fine lol hell most likely have to have one
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• if the person feels comfortable doing it then great! Some babies need a little help. Just because you're induced doesn't make the birth or the baby any less special.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 1:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I was induced twce before my due dates ugh never want to do that again, with my 3rd i was two weeks overdue and they finally scheduled an induction luckily she finally came on her own.

Honestly if you can avoid the induction unless you have a medical reason for it then wait it out, inductions in my experience were harder labor and more painful, my daughter was natural and i had less pain shorter labor and a much easier time. it could have been that she was number 3 but honestly i think it was because my body was ready and not being forced.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:26 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I was induced at 38 weeks because of the puppps rash. If you don't know what that is here is a journal I wrote.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1384564/I_just_wanted_to_share_what_puppp_rash_is_and_what_it_looks_like

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Oh, I forgot to add. My labor was only 9 hours (first time) and it was a breeze! Nothing went wrong, but I was already 90% thinned and 2 cm dialated so I was already almost there anyway.
    But I agree that a lot of people aren't so lucky and it can be avoided if you don't try to force labor by induction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Feb. 9, 2009