Do you get the DHA things for your baby too?

I try to get the DHA baby foods and cereal even though he is breastfed and gets it anyways, I was wondering how many other mommies get that stuff too

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 1:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • No I don't I think the artificial DHA is anywhere near as good as the real thing.

" The chemical formula of DHA from artificial sources may not be the same as DHA found in breastmilk, therefore absorption and interaction characteristics may be remarkably different."

http://www.infactcanada.ca/fatty_acids_in_infant_developmen.htm

LOL Aliciatron... Why do you think they add DHA to infant food and formula? To make it more like breastmilk! You don't need to suppliment with DHA/ARA anything while breastfeeding.Breastmilk is THE BEST source for these fatty acids.

There are side effects to DHA supplimements, the more common ones include Gas and Nausea.

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 3:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• your lucky
    I was denied
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 1:28 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• denied??? lol, yes i bought DHA for my son. I still buy soy milk with DHA.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:30 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• how can you be denied from buying it?
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• since my son gets formula with DHA i dont try to feed him too much because i heard bad things can happen if they get too much. but if i was BFing yes i would!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Denied??? From the baby food aisle or something?

Yes, I occasionally do, because some of those ones have nice combo flavors. Like, apple vanilla? Yum. And I do breastfeed.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2009