Moms with husbands who share baby duty.

Do you ever argue about whos turn it is? Like in the middle of the night when the baby wakes up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• haha its been a long time my youngest is seven but ohhhhh boy yes we did!!! id be like come on man its your turn!!! id poke him in is side usually i had to get up and make the bottle then he would feed him!
    RIERIE

Answer by RIERIE at 1:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• its been awhile but no we never did hubby was always up with me most time he would beat me out of the bed lol he is a very involved dad and most times will be up with a sick child and letting me sleep.

even while breastfeeding he manged to jump out of bed before me hand me the baby and then go get my glass of water for me, on nights when baby was in bed he would help me get settled and then get me anything i needed or hold baby while i ran to the bathroom real quick, i was spoiled lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:30 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Well there were a couple of nights that we argued a little but for the most part he had the night shift. He worked second shift and would get home around 12:30 am and would send me off to bed so I could get some sleep. Heck my youngest is 3 now and he still does that if they happen to wake up from a bad dream.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 1:49 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• No. I get up with my son. I could drape a screaming baby over my husband's face and it wouldn't wake him up. There's no arguing because once my husband is asleep, he's dead to the world. Luckily for me, my son started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks old. During the day if I need something, my husband will help but I have to ask him to. That always turns into an argument. He goes to work and I always give him a nice long break of being home before asking him to hold the baby or change his diaper. But that's the thing, he always has to be asked. When I've held the baby all freaking day and I finally tell him for the 90th time "can you please spend time with your son without me asking you to do it?!" THAT turns into an argument. There was one day where I hadn't gone to the bathroom in over 8 hours and it still didn't dawn on my husband to offer to let me have a break. It drives me nuts.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I never had that problem. I breastfed and the baby slept with me. Considering my husband needed/needs his sleep because he works all day I wouldn't have even considered having him do it. I could nap when I needed it. Back then he'd probably have been fired if he napped.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• We normally go by who was up last. Whoever was up last stays in bed, the other gets up.

We don't always go by that though. If she's up and down alot I normally get her since DH has to work. I used to get naps but now that she is older those are few and far between for me. So Im pretty much always exhausted.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 8:54 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• No, when they were little he really sucked at this...but now that they are 2 and 3 he is usually always willing to deal with them if they get up at night and to let me sleep. I don't know why...but I am not bitching!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:10 AM on Feb. 9, 2009