My 9yr old daughter can stay asleep

She goes to bed at 9:00 & at about 11:00 or 12:00 she is back up. It is not every night but about every other night. She say she just can't fall back to sleep. She says nothing is wrong she just can't get back to sleep. Sometimes she will be up till 2 or 3 in the morning. What can I do?

minnieinluv

Asked by minnieinluv at 1:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I dunno, but my daughter must be her twin. :) I bet their bodies are changing and hormones are raging. Ask her what is bothering her. My daughter was going thru a real fearful time for a while.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:56 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• its just her sleep cycles got messed up, try and give her these herbal things my younger sister (11 yr old) takes, theyre called NONI and they dont make you sleep, they just make you really relaxed and so does chamomile tea but noni comes in capsules and chamomile is a )far better tasting) tea.
    RealityChecker

Answer by RealityChecker at 2:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• avoid TV/Computer 2 hours before bed. Take a warm bath with lavendar. Use something from a health food store. Meletonin works for my kids that have this problem.
    sometimes, My son makes warm milk and puts in a chamomile tea bag (using milk instead of water) and natural cane sugar.
    Getting enough Physical Exercise during the day helps, too.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 3:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2009