10 month old with 6 teeth....toothbrush?

Basically sums it up there.... my girl is 10 month old, and has 6 teeth. I still use the little rubber brushy thing for liiiittle babies, but i think she may be ready for a toddler brush with the baby toothpaste shes using now...

Just wondering if and of you have this issue? I dont see a problem, but hey, lookin for some input here. Thanks :)

soldiermom1986

Asked by soldiermom1986 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started using baby tooth brush with water. When he started sporting his molars, then I used baby toothpaste (which is floride free, and safe when swallowed. Kind of like baby oragel)
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• Yeah if the kid has teeth, brush them! I had some cool infant toothbrushes that had a round handle for them to hold so there was no sticking down the throat of long stick risks.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• I was nervous about using a toothbrush with a long handle til my little one was standing and walking on her own, just so I had two hands free to help her brush. Before that, I used the finger toothbrush you bring home from the hospital after you give birth.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• I was really nervous about a toothbrush but I found a really soft toothbrush and Toms strawberry toothpaste. I started when she had two teeth on top and two on the bottom. It went okay. First I brushed my teeth and had her watch then I made a big deal about how this big girl toothbrush was hers and this Elmo cup was to help her rinse. It went okay.

booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2012