Chores

What chores are your teenagers responsible for and do you have trouble getting them to do those chores?

LizMom2

Asked by LizMom2 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• My daughters are expected to keep their rooms clean meaning beds made, dirty clothes put in the laundry, clean clothes folded and put away. They are expected to help set the table and clear the table. Every other week they'll help me with cleaning the common areas of the house, so we share that responsibility. All in all my girls do not really have too many chores, and nothing that would be really time consuming. I generally don't have too many problems getting them to do their chores, and both girls know that if they do not take care of their chores either on their own or when asked during the week then they'll be spending their Saturday afternoon doing them plus a lot of extra chores, not surprisingly this has only had to happen a couple times with each girl.
    LizMom2

Comment by LizMom2 (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• She has to keep her room clean and her bathroom. She has to put all her laundry in the laundry room and she has to take care of the dog. Feed, walk, bathe, play with. She empties the dishwasher and clears the table. Thats it. She has a very demanding academic schedule. She takes college classes in Science, Math and English -she is in 10th grade and an Honor student.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• My stepson isn't living here full time, but when he is here, he has to rinse his dishes after each meal and put them in the dishwasher, and clean up any messes he makes around the house. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth to even get him to do that much, but then other times he pitches in and helps without me having to ask him.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2012

• When my boys were teens, it was like pulling teeth to get my middle son to help. My oldest did & still does help w/out complaint. My 10 y/o dau is being a bit of a pain when it comes to doing her chores. We just recently started this for her & it's getting off to a slow start. :/
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2012