What do you believe happens when you die??

I cant for the life of me stop thinking about what the hell happens after a human dies. Im of no particular faith, btw. So I want to know what you think. What happens to person when the heart stops beating?

cainesmama

Asked by cainesmama at 1:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Considering that it is impossible to know with any real certianty, I don't think about it. I have prepared for what are the major eventuality of any of the more popular beliefs being true.
    A: Fundie Christians are right and only the "saved" go to heaven...and I'll happily be in hell with Ghandi, Thomas Jefferson, Marie Curie, Isaac Asimov, and all of the other interesting and intelligent people that have done wonderful things for mankind, but have a theological difference of opinion...
    B: You get your just rewards based on how you live your life, regardless of or in conjunction with your belief. I'm down with this...I think shitty people, regardless of their theological opinion should be punished and good people should be rewarded.
    C: Reincarnation. As long as I am not a slug in the next life, it works for me.
    D: The end is the end. Hey, if this is it, I'm fine with that. A life well loved is a life well lived.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 10:49 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I believe that when our human bodies stop functioning (dead - not life at all), our spirits leave to be forever with the Lord, if we believe in the One True God.

I believe that those who do not believe in God, go to the place God prepared for them - hell.

I do not believe there is any {gray area} on this matter ...

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 1:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i believe in reincarnation. since no energy can be created or destroyed it makes sense to me, but i know people will disagree with me and thats fine
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:47 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• When you die, you cease to exist in the current form. You release an energy some like to call a soul. This soul is carried off or moved aside by way of forces and ways to immediately or eventually become conscious again.
    Shamanmom

Answer by Shamanmom at 2:02 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i agree with snowgirl79
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I believe also that energy can neither be created nor destroyed and that is why reincarnation makes sense to me.  After we leave our eartly bodies our soul/energy awaits either reincarnation or move on to its final destination all depending on what we believed while we were in human form. 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:02 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I believe that "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing" ( Ecclesiastes 9:5) and that the dead are waiting in their graves until the appearance of our LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ. (Matthew 16:27, Revelation 22:12)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:26 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I believe in reincarnation.

I also believe that spirits can and do stay on this Earth (outside of a body) for various reasons.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• For the greatest majority, when our physical body dies, our spirit will separate from it and go on to The Other Side (aka Heaven) where we will be greeted by all of our passed loved ones, Mother and Father God, Jesus and millions upon millions of people (angels, spirit guides, pets, etc.) we have loved from this life and the lives we've lived before. This is where LIFE truly is. Then we will decide whether to stay in Heaven or to reincarnate again to continue our spiritual growth and experiencing for GOD.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:14 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i agree with lexylex was going to post same scripture
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 7:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2009