Generic or name brand

Which do you buy, we actually buy more name brand stuff, and the only reason I even thought of this is because my SO asked me if I was glad we were able to do that because lots of people dont get to, so it got me thinking how many of you guys dont or cant buy name brand stuff?

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 1:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • Everything in my house is namebrand. From food to clothes
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 1:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i have both, normally if name brand is on sale and i have coupons thats what we buy, i try to stock up so i dont have to go store brand but there were times i just couldnt afford anything else.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I unfortunately buy whatever I can afford which is most of the time generic but I could give a shit less most of the time cause it usually don't bother me, sometimes it does but rarely, LOL!!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 1:49 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• It's generic everything in my house. We used to be name brand only until I lost my job. So to make ends meet we go generic (unless I have coupon with things on sale). To us most of it tastes the same or does just as good a job cleaning.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• most of the stuff i buy is name brand..the only thing that i can think of right now that i dont buy name brand is paper towels and kleenex..ohh and coke...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Depends. Our toilet paper is generic brand since we almost literally flush our money down the toilet. Electronics - usually name brand, you get what you pay for, ya' know? We stick to our budget. That's why we're not in debt and ahead on all of our bills. We own our vehicles and won't spend our hard earned money on higher priced items just to say we have "x" brand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i bargain shop its only name brand if its on sale im not a rich person but the only thing i dont compromise on is things for my girls i dont care how much it cost when it comes to them i will find a way....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I can't afford it and Generic is the same as name brand except they stamp the store name on it. BUT! there are really, really bad generic brands in the store....you have to be a smart shopper! I am strict on certain things though, like soda has to be Coke or Pepsi and chips have to be Lay's or Pringles.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Generic mayo is so nasty no matter what generic brand it is. Best Foods (Hellmans) or Kraft all the way.
    jamommy77

Answer by jamommy77 at 3:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• it depends, clothes are usually name brand, but like last seasons stuff...i dont pay full price, clothes are clothes!

food is generic, usually from aldi, or the walmart brand.

cleaning supplies are name brand.

it all depends on money that week, what we need, dont need, things like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2009