I wanna leave the house but feel scared and PETRIFIED

I know it sounds rediculous but I'M SCARED of leaving. I think I'm petrified, lost, with no energy to leave. most of my stuff is all packed now, but i have no energy to get out and find a place to stay.
Also, i'm scared that if i take my old car he might say that half of it is his etc, and i just can't fight any more. can't be scared that he'll follow me and scream and threaten me.

why am i PETRIFIED? I know i should leave but i 'm stuck here

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2012 in Relationships

• is the title to the car in your name?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Divorce requires a fight but, you have to do it. But, I wouldn't worry about the car, if there's more than 1, you'll be entitled to it. Just go. You have no kids. Go to family and then file.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• put the shit in storage and go to a DM Shelter. Call the police to watch him so you can leave. Tell them you're afraid of him and he will follow you.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• also after you call an abuse shelter
    they will meet you, so you can leave safely

you have run out of excuses
    leave

all other stuff, i answered in your other question
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• You will leave when you are really ready to leave. When you can't take HIM any more.

Answer by louise2 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• The title to the car is in his name.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Take the car and let the attorneys sort shit out. You are entitled to leave with something!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Call The National Domestic Violence Hotline by phone at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233), or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY) They will help you find a shelter. Put all your things in the car while he is asleep or at work and get out of there.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Please know that this is the most dangerous part of leaving an abuser so either stay or go, do not stand around hesitating. Of course it's scary to leave. Many of us stood where you are and had to make that decision and we left. We worried about the future but we feared history would repeat itself and we'd get hurt again or end up dead. Take the car. Let him explain to the police why you felt the need to take the car and run. Contact a shelter and get their services for an attorney to answer all your questions and get you headed in the right direction. Just decide then act on your decision.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2012