shouldnt it go away if i wash my body??

ive been extremely itchy lately and i figured it is just being pregnant but its everywhere and i realized we just bought new laundry detergent so i think it may be that... but if it IS that, shouldnt it stop itching after i bathe and wash my body off?? or could it still be like in my skin and irritating me??

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• is it everywhere or like belly upper arms and thighs...cause that caould be cause by stretch marks that are soon to appear.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 3:02 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I had this happen when I was pregnant with my second, I was so itchy especially on the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet. It drove me nuts. My midwife told me that most likely it was histamine build up and to take a benadryl. I would call your doc and see if they think that might be the problem.
    3_Gerber_Girls

Answer by 3_Gerber_Girls at 3:04 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• no its everywhere especially my sweating points like arm pits, that bendy part mid arm behind knees groin area...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:04 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Do you have a rash with it as well?
    JessiferRabbit

Answer by JessiferRabbit at 6:56 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• If you have a rash too, it might be PUPPS. Pregnancy related, harmless, itchy rash. Bendryl helps or ask your dr for a steroid cream.
    JessiferRabbit

Answer by JessiferRabbit at 7:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Stop using the new detergent and go back to your old, see if it persists.

If it does, it may be PUPPS. But it also could be weather. Where I am we've been having wacky weather changes and it's messing with my skin. Try lotioning at night before bed and if it doesn't help, talk to your doctor.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 8:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2009