My sister get along with her neighbors very well. They even take their neighbors with them on trips. Her husband had seen a boy in their daughters room at 4am. The girl shares a room with her little brother. should he tell them?

skinnys

Asked by skinnys at 3:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• It might be a good idea. I remember when our oldest son was 12, our neighbors had a 12 year old daughter. One night my husband was putting out trash and saw the 12 year old daughter sneak out of her bedroom window and get in a car with three boys at least one was old enough to drive, but they all looked at least 16. My husband told her dad.

At first the dad didn't want to believe it, but when he went into the bedroom she was gone and they had to go find her. If my husband hadn't seen it, they may not have found out, and who knows how long she could have continued that behavior and what could have happened to her.

Your sister and her husband might just want to keep an eye on what's going on for awhile, but as a parent, I'd want to know if my kid had a boyfriend or girlfriend sneaking into the house.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• If they go along well, I think they should tell their naighbours about that boy being in their daughter's room at 4am. At this hour, he had nothing to do here !
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• How did he see a boy in their DD room? Honestly I wouldn't get involved because he could be mistaken.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• How could he see a boy in someone's room? I don't think I would say anything. Or maybe mail an anon letter saying I saw this boy coming out of your house at 4am. Maybe it was the brother.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2012