Winter trip, domestic or international?

Hubs and I are wanting to take a trip this winter without the kids. We will have probably 7 days including travel. Do you have any suggestions of interesting places to go? I would like to go somewhere warm, but I also think anywhere in western Europe sounds good. I thought Costa Rica or Belize but I would think it would be busy and expensive in that part of the world because of the Mayan calendar.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2012 in Travel

• I have traveled the world with my husband ...
    One particular country that I hold near and dear to my heart -
    Germany!
    Germany to me was the most MAGICAL trips I have ever experienced!
    The christmas markets, the snow, the attactions - it is inbelieveably the most enjoyable trip ever!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 2:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2012

• If only 7 days including travel, I'd say go close to your own country because of the time difference and hours of travel. Costa Rica sounds really nice !
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• 7 days is not that long. So I would go some were close. Southern Florida, Hawaii, Mexico.

Answer by louise2 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I am a travel agent. I think you can totally go out of the country in 7 days, especially the Caribbean or Britain. For Costa Rica, there is a ton to do so I might consider more days for that spot and you can combine Belize. I am a personal fan of Grand Cayman. If you did E. Europe, just pick one city.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Take the weather into consideration. I wouldn't make Britain my choice for a winter trip - the weather is usually miserable. About the only place in Europe where it is liable to be fairly fine would be around the Mediterranean basin. OTOH, if you're going to be there around the New Year Vienna or Prague would be good choices just for the festivities :)
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2012