Where to get married, in a month!? Need help!

Need some ideas of where to get married in Gatlinburg TN or Chattanooga TN. We are kind of eloping, sometime in a few weeks, with about 15 people (immediate family, closest friends). Its going to be kind of a weekend getaway, and we are going to get married while we are away. We are looking into Ruby Falls but they we have had trouble getting in touch with them and getting info so we are needing some backup ideas. Any help??

Cass052005

Asked by Cass052005 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2012 in Relationships

• Im getting married next year at a beach in San Diego. Check local park, hotels. I went online to look at venues in the area I live in. Hope this helped a little..
    skinnys

Answer by skinnys at 3:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Not really anything helpful. Thats why I am asking for personal opinions. There are about a billion places listed and all claim to be the best, most romantic, etc. I dont have the time or energy to search through a billion of them and call and get more info, I have a full time job and six kids to care for! lol. I am sure with all the thousands of women on cafemom someone might have some helpful insight.
    Cass052005

Comment by Cass052005 (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I had bumped this question for you and think since you did not get replies most Moms on here never went there to get married or do not know anyone who has, so you may have to check out the places online.
    I hope this last minute planning does not get too stressful for you and sorry I do not have anything to help you except search online. :(
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I think with that small amount of time, I'd go for "most available" spot!

A basic google search for Gatlinburg weddings turns up a bunch of stuff, with the Chamber of Commerce at the top of the list. I'd call there and start asking questions.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2012

• Another thought... do two weddings. Justice of the peace at home to get your legals in order. Then you can have a party later, say in six months, when you actually have time to think it all through. Some good friends of mine did that about 15 years ago; the bride was immigrating from Brazil so it worked best for them to do the legal part first.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:55 AM on Oct. 9, 2012

• Thanks! My fiance actually found somewhere and just booked it. It worked out great, they had a package that includes 2 nights stay in a suite, photography package, floral arrangement, cake, etc. So our date is set for November 11! I bought my dress last weekend, so now all we have to do is get our license and bands and should be good to go! Thanks for your help!
    Cass052005

Comment by Cass052005 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2012