Lazy tax agent (H&R BLOCK) will not figure out tax information up to customer??

Today me & hubby go to file taxes.
He works for the area newspaper as an independant contractor.
He brings in all his paper work,check stubs and monthy statements from his start date,until now.
Well she said it is up to him to have it all figured out and she should be able to easily enter a number it is not her job to figure out what he made and expenses that are accountable from that amount.
Since when does H&R Block feel you should pay them to do it yourself ?
We pay them to prevent the IRS from auditing us.
What would you do..
I told him to get a new agent since it's on hold until he gathers it right but she has our paperwork of some items until we bring in the rest.
I feel this is wrong anyone else?
Infact another agent tried to tell her otherwise but she ignored it and they behind her back rolled they eyes and shook there head.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• if i were you id get away from them and go somewhere else, they might just mess the whole thing up. i have heard that they arent good anyways.you should try Jackson Hewitt they are pretty good i like them. i would tell that girl if you roll your eyes at me again i am going to slap them back in place. Besides she should get her lazy ass up and just do her job, isnt that what they get paid for.
    mybabe22

Answer by mybabe22 at 3:30 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• FROM THE OP~

It was not that agent that rolled her eyes,it was a fellow agent that overheard our issues and she tried to tell her how to do it.
    But she just blew it off as she typed away entering with effore the other income information.
    I agree that is why we use them otherwise,i would take the risk and do it myself but i do not want to get in trouble with the IRS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• try a small, local cpa firm or service rather than H&R block. I work at a larger firm and our clients send all sorts of things in and it's up to us to sort it out. If it was their job, then they wouldn't pay us!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Feb. 9, 2009