The other side of the poll...how many are only here for points and would leave CM if they weren't here?

I suspect the majority fall in the don't care either way category, though.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2012 in About CafeMom

• if anyone is only here for the points...ya kinda have to worry about that. i mean, we're watching a Trekkie docu(from 1997??)..i always considered myself a Trekkie until seeing this-SMH....but apparently, points DO matter to some, its their life! lol.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• if anyone is only here for the points...ya kinda have to worry about that.

Someone bumped one of my questions from 2 years ago when it first went in. I was asking if people would start to treat this like Club Pogo, where people make extra accts to help themselves earn all the badges or even pay other people to play for them to win ones for games they're not good at. I don't doubt there are some people here who really do think it's just another game like Pogo and don't even read them.

What I noticed from the answers in the other question is it's either yes, take them out or not caring. There's not really anyone saying NO don't take them. Wondering if there are really that many people who would care if they disappeared tomorrow.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• i dont know why points are even a thought. i completely ignore them.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Would Not care and they should replace it with something fun. like a live news feed. Not here for the points
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I wouldn't care. Points isn't the reason I come here.
    It's the moms here that I enjoy interacting with. I just wish they'd get rid of anon and let everyone be on the same playing field.
    Most anon questions have zero credible information anyways. Notice I said "most". That's for those that chose to read my answer wrong.

PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I don't really care either way.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Nope- wouldn't care about the points. It's just nice to know by looking at levels, how long people have been here. But then again, after being here for a while, you start to recognize the names. They've made enough changes to answers tho- so I hope they leave it alone & just let us have our fun. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I'm glad I was able to help a few people, that is what matters to me.
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• here's what makes me scratch my head, and i've touched on it before: bearing the point system, and anyone who 'glances' at the Dean's List, seeing who is where, etc...when a question comes up that is either a noob or a lower level CMer (someone who found Answers from some highly decorated center of the site, i've heard there are larger places to play on CM??), and its a real query, how much stock do they put in the responses (when they notice the levels of the responders)? often, in the case of L1s, other users can be downright nasty and stupid toward their posts..because they are such a low level. its strange to me..i know we see a lot of WTF-type questions, but if living 43yrs has taught me anything, truth is often stranger than any far-fetched fantasized foolishness an anon could muster. i only mention this because so many have issues with anonymity (if the newest questions are any indicator).
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• It's just nice to know by looking at levels, how long people have been here. --

ok, that's part of my point. you do not know who has been here/how long (much less, whose knowledge to depend on) simply by referencing the levels/Dean's List. with the points system/C4C...its all a ruse, isn't it? for the most part, only those who have been here at least 2yrs would know that i have been around a long time, and vice versa. i'm not saying i'm a sage, but for the most part, those who 'know' me, know me..you know? lol.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2012