The other side of the poll...how many are only here for points and would leave CM if they weren't here?

I suspect the majority fall in the don't care either way category, though.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2012 in About CafeMom

• having points poofed, would not make me leave this site
    many other things might make me leave
    and i have been very close to in recent past

one reason being 'the rules' that admin makes some members follow, while others do not have to follow
    making up rules as they go along (again for some members and not others)
    and listening to the few while ignoring the many
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• often, in the case of L1s, other users can be downright nasty and stupid toward their posts

For me it's not L1, it's L1 in combination with talking to other people as if they know them, or asking a known troll question (broken toys, look at my discharge, etc). What makes it worse is there are some people who are "regulars" who have taken up doing that either as anon or as a new throwaway acct just for shits and giggles. It's fun for them at the moment it's happening, but it's adding to the distrust overall. Someone asks their joke question at 8pm, to go with 3 other questions right near it. At midnight, new people in a new time zone are logging in, the other 3 questions are closed, the OP of the joke is in bed, and it looks like a new serious troll is adding to the mix.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• The points don't really matter to me.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• true, and i did that just the night. for grins..and i did close them soon after. heck, i didn't even make it through the first one before feeling guilty because the regulars were falling for it. regulars that i 'know' and hold online-respect for. i felt ashamed, even though i thought my sillyness was so stupid, surely to God no one would treat it seriously. *shrugs*
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I wouldn't leave but, I'd be bummed at first. I dedicated a lot of time to get to my level.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• i felt ashamed, even though i thought my sillyness was so stupid, surely to God no one would treat it seriously. *shrugs*

That's one of the reasons I won't use anon. I posted a joke in P&CE once, years ago. Purposely used anon because I knew with my name attached to it, everyone would go in ready to take sides without reading it. Instead - everyone assumed it was someone else who did have a habit of shit stirring with anon and totally laid into her. (and still nobody read the joke). I figure if people have an issue with me or what I've said, they can tell me to my "face". If they're going to assume hidden meanings just because it has my name, that's fine. But I'm not going to give anyone an excuse to gang up on someone else like that again, even if it is someone I really can't stand ;)
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Points don't matter to me, connecting with human beings is why I am here...

Answer by older at 5:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I play the game -kind of
    but I honestly don't care about the points- they mean nothing anyhow and have no real purpose
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I couldn't care less about the points. I'm here to feed my need for debating.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I would notice and I would be like ,'Dang, I never did make it into the top 20... oh well...' and go about my day. I would still come here even with out the points. The points are just a silly addition and have no real bearing...baring....?... whichever one it is... you know what I mean...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2012