The other side of the poll...how many are only here for points and would leave CM if they weren't here?

I suspect the majority fall in the don't care either way category, though.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2012 in About CafeMom

• Point's don't inspire me anymore. lol!
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• This is just for fun.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I was here long before the point system, just had a different screen name and left for a few months and came back.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• It's just nice to know by looking at levels, how long people have been here

That doesn't really mean anything.  There are people who are on Levels 40+ who have been CM members much less time than I have.  That's due to my periods of inactivity, but I'm not a newbie as I've had people assume.

As to the question, I've never seen anyone who was only here for the points.  Voting, bumping, and typing crap answers just for points?  Sounds like the most boring gave EVER.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:36 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I'm not here for the points, but I can see why some are. They can be semi-motivating. Truthfully, I am here because I have no friends and need others to conversate with. :)
    bemebebri

Answer by bemebebri at 3:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I would not leave if the points were gone but in a way it is a game that can be played as well if you think that way. If you are playing a video game at some point the points don't really mean anything but a high score. It does no harm to have the points and allow those that enjoy that aspect the thrill of it. I have been going into C4C for the last week. I have had some nice conversations and some just plain call outs. It is fun. I don't care one way or the other really but I would be unhappy if the C4C was gone because of the conversations.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:38 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• like ^^ said, i was here before points, they mean nothing to me. i wish they'd just stop fucking w/ Answers and leave it be.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:14 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I've been before they had points and I will be here after. It's the closest to the old site of Club Mom, that we can get. I so miss the original incarnation.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I don't care about points. Although I do appreciate who are newer members especially when the questions seem off.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I would prefer if they took them away.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2012