The other side of the poll...how many are only here for points and would leave CM if they weren't here?

I suspect the majority fall in the don't care either way category, though.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2012 in About CafeMom

• if anyone is only here for the points...ya kinda have to worry about that. i mean, we're watching a Trekkie docu(from 1997??)..i always considered myself a Trekkie until seeing this-SMH....but apparently, points DO matter to some, its their life! lol.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I wouldn't care. Points isn't the reason I come here.
    It's the moms here that I enjoy interacting with. I just wish they'd get rid of anon and let everyone be on the same playing field.
    Most anon questions have zero credible information anyways. Notice I said "most". That's for those that chose to read my answer wrong.

PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Nope- wouldn't care about the points. It's just nice to know by looking at levels, how long people have been here. But then again, after being here for a while, you start to recognize the names. They've made enough changes to answers tho- so I hope they leave it alone & just let us have our fun. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• here's what makes me scratch my head, and i've touched on it before: bearing the point system, and anyone who 'glances' at the Dean's List, seeing who is where, etc...when a question comes up that is either a noob or a lower level CMer (someone who found Answers from some highly decorated center of the site, i've heard there are larger places to play on CM??), and its a real query, how much stock do they put in the responses (when they notice the levels of the responders)? often, in the case of L1s, other users can be downright nasty and stupid toward their posts..because they are such a low level. its strange to me..i know we see a lot of WTF-type questions, but if living 43yrs has taught me anything, truth is often stranger than any far-fetched fantasized foolishness an anon could muster. i only mention this because so many have issues with anonymity (if the newest questions are any indicator).
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• It's just nice to know by looking at levels, how long people have been here. --

ok, that's part of my point. you do not know who has been here/how long (much less, whose knowledge to depend on) simply by referencing the levels/Dean's List. with the points system/C4C...its all a ruse, isn't it? for the most part, only those who have been here at least 2yrs would know that i have been around a long time, and vice versa. i'm not saying i'm a sage, but for the most part, those who 'know' me, know me..you know? lol.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• true, and i did that just the night. for grins..and i did close them soon after. heck, i didn't even make it through the first one before feeling guilty because the regulars were falling for it. regulars that i 'know' and hold online-respect for. i felt ashamed, even though i thought my sillyness was so stupid, surely to God no one would treat it seriously. *shrugs*
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• i dont know why points are even a thought. i completely ignore them.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I don't really care either way.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I'm glad I was able to help a few people, that is what matters to me.
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Points don't matter to me, connecting with human beings is why I am here...

Answer by older at 5:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2012