S/O of anon question, What do you think would be the solution for anons who are just trying to start s**t? adult content

I dont think the anon option should be taken away completely. Some people do have family or friends on here they dont want knowing all their problems.
But there are some people who hide behind the anon button just to call others out...like what happened last week to one of our fav members here. Or just trying to start shit...like a couple midnight posts last night. Big enough to talk shit, but too chicken shit to put on the big girl undies and show their faces.
What should be changed about CM to stop this from happening? Anything?
What if there was a "reward" for higher levels that if a question is starting shit, and enough of the elite voted for it, the "anon" would switch to their screenname? Maybe for people level 40 and higher or something like that??
I dont know how well that would work though...

Suggestions?

toughluck08

Asked by toughluck08 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2012 in About CafeMom

• I should ignore them but sometimes my mood gets the better of me!

Like libras said in an earlier posts, we need a bitch slap button.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Ignoring it usually works for me.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Sometimes I get a kick out of the obnoxious answers. It makes it less boring. Just don't take everything so seriously.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I think it should be handled the way it used to be - get caught abusing it enough, CM takes the option away from you. That requires people to *gasp and clutch your pearls, ladies* report abusive answers. Get off the high horse of pretending you don't care enough to use the report button, and start using it the way it is intended.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Ignore them. Maybe once they aren't getting attention they will stop.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I was here for the bull shit posts at midnight last night. Funny how the Anon asking the questions and being rude and snarky didn't get deleted but those of us who were answering, our answers were deleted.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I'd love to see the ability to ANSWER anon completely taken away, that would help.

That's the other thing that would solve 90% of the problem - let us choose when we ask a question whether or not people can use anon to answer it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I confess, I don't even consider the points or levels, etc, when I get onto CM. As with so many things, you have something but problems come with it. It will always be. So, like the others, ignoring is the best approach.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• LMAO
    switching anon to screen name
    would be a huge nightmare
    funny for a day
    but a nightmare

i think a monitor for answers would be best solution
    but i think admin thoughts are just take away options and ignore us for the most part
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I think CM should go back to the way the anon button was several years ago, with a little rule next to it saying that it is not to be used to be rude or combative. THEN - I think if an anon answer is reported a certain number of times, admins can reveal who the anon poster was. I think that asking a question anon should still be available, but answers should be conditional.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2012