To moms who's water broke on their own (not in the hospital)...

where did it break?

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 4:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In bed....I rushed to the bathroom. I felt a big POP and luckly only got it on my pants
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 4:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I was sitting on my couch and just as the paramedics arrived they broke!! lol my contractions came 1st
    Mumma07

Answer by Mumma07 at 4:17 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I was in bed the first time..I was having a lot of contractions then it broke. The second time I was in the doctors office.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 4:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• mine broke on the toilet... granted, I was at the hospital at the time, but it was due to pre-term labor issues... but it was great, because I was pushing because I thought I had to poo lol
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 4:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• With my second, it broke in bed. WIth my fifth it also broke in bed as I was pushing his head out.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:05 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• On my bed.....trailing throughout the house while I freaked out
    Joy1Roberts

Answer by Joy1Roberts at 7:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• On my toilet
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:39 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• As soon as I sat on the bed at the hospital. Then the nurse didn't believe me. Yah I was 8cm already, she got moving.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I had two of my labors start that way. The first one...I stood up after waking up feeling a very hard contraction and I felt just a tiny bit of fluid come out. There was no gush or a trickle or anything, but I felt like I had peed in my pants. The last baby, I was getting my kids things together to go stay with my mom while I had a scheduled induction the next day. I was fussing at my second daughter because she was not obeying me and it broke. It ran down my leg and every time I moved I got more and more wet. I went straight to the hospital. No contractions. Just wet.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:30 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I was at home in bed. I felt the need to pee, but since that is contact that late in the pregnancy, I just stayed put. When I rolled over a felt a kick on my spine and heard a pop. I decided to go to the bathroom at that point and as soon as I sat down it poured out! Kinda creepy b/c I lost my mucus plug then and when I looked down it was all blood. I looked down again and it was clear. Baby was out about 4 hours later.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2009