Removing FISH smell!! HELP!

My Sister took my Son to the beach weeks ago & they collected a pail full of shells & dead dried crabs & crab legs! YUK! I left it outside my back door since then. I have a glass slider out to a deck. Well the other night a raccoon or a possum tipped over the bucket & either there was crab juice at the bottom of the pail or the raccoon peed on the pail & it spilled onto my back mat & wooden deck. I cleaned it up the next morning & moved the pail away from the door (I intended on throwing it all away when my Son is at school). Well, now the smell of fish is SO BAD that I cannot leave my door opened with the screen & the odor is seeping into the kitchen! I hosed the deck, sprayed the area with bleach, washed the mat & sprayed that with bleach too & NO LUCK. I think the odor went under the wood on the deck. HOW DO I NOW REMOVE THIS STINK?? Thanks!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 9:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I was going to suggest bleach but you've already tried that. Maybe some kind of lemon smell?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Maybe Nature's Miracle or Vinegar?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I am thinking lemon juice. Vinegar might do it too.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• borax and hot water

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Lemon juice
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Lemon juice and salt
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• salt and mustard oil.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 1:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I would get some powder, sorry I cannot think of the name of it but it is used to keep mold out of basements, etc. BUT I'd place these items in the powder to dry it out, than your son can have it. I know they sell it in the Auto department in wal-mart. It's comes in a gallon container. Either that or put the items in rice to get the moist out and than the smell would also be gone.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• Bleach or borax. Fish also attracts bear if you have them.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 2:24 AM on Oct. 11, 2012