Do you believe in...

if you love someone, set them free, and if they come back to you then you and him are meant to be or do you believe that you fight for that person's love no matter what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• OP - I was not telling you to STFU.

Geez.

I was telling whoever would want me to set him free or fight for him.

It's one thing, I suppose, if you are young and dating. A whole 'nother if married. I would not fight for DH because he would never put me in that position. We are partners, we are friends, we are grown ups.

I think it's a silly phrase, that's all - like "Love means never having to say you're sorry" - in MY experience, love means the opposite. I say I'm sorry, DH says he's sorry - all's right with my world.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 8:17 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• fight for it
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• What?

No.

Seriously?

I don't understand either concept.

Set someone free? Free from what? Free from responsibility, from family, from commitment? That's a child - not an adult. Yuck.

Fight for someone's love? Does that mean I have to prove myself? Again? To someone who isn't quite sure he loves me?

STFU.

I choose "none of the above".
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• it's kinda an oxy-moron for me...I wouldn't be with someone I did not think was worth fighting for, but at the same time the person i want to be with....would never ask me to fight for them.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 4:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i took it as fight for someone like... if there are problems (which is normal)

to not just let it go and forget the person but fight and work the problems out... thats how i took it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:59 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• If you are single yes. But married, no way. No matter how much he keeps coming back into your life,no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Wimsey..are you telling me to stfu??? It was a simple but I know very broad question that can be interpreted in many ways. No need to tell me to say that that if you were.

I just remembered that saying "If you love someone set them free"...wondering if that applied to a relationship that is on a stand still....like if that person you are with is on auto function on a relationship and not timely invested. Do you let them know it's not working if they are not working on the relationship so in term of "setting them free" or do you fight to stay w/ that person just because you have a child together when it seems like the only one working or "fighting" for that relationship to be better is you?
    Anonymous

• i do belive in this,i have been there i set him free and now we are back 2gether and it has never been better we are stronger as a couple now and we are happy that we went thru all the bad shit cuz it made us see what we had in eachother
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Oh I want to add when it comes to our child, he's a great father. It's just when it comes to spending time between "us", he's not interested. Idk......how to take that. It's just so confusing. It's making me wonder whether he and I are staying married because we have a child together.
    Anonymous

• Ok but how did you do that? Did you just say hey we need some time apart to see where we are? I can't see myself saying that...it just doesn't seem fair for our child.

Answered at 3:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 by: Anonymous

Anonymous

i do belive in this,i have been there i set him free and now we are back 2gether and it has never been better we are stronger as a couple now and we are happy that we went thru all the bad shit cuz it made us see what we had in eachother

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2009