Oh really THAT embarrassed you???

So I'm out shopping with my toddler and my 7 year old. You know how when your LO starts to get restless and fussy while shopping you'll do ANYTHING you can thnk of to entertain them. Sing to them, play peek a boo... Well I was doing that kind of stuff. After a few minutes my 7 year old goes "Mama stop you are ebarrasssing me"! Oh great so now I'm the embarassing mom!

Well I told him if that embarasses you how do you think I felt when you were 3 and we were shopping and you told me you had to go pee like a big boy. Instead of you going to the bathroom you pulled your pants down in aisle 4 and peed there! Oh and in the same year when we went to our family reunion and they had there talent show for the kids. You were supposed to sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider instead you stand up there with your finger up your nose and tells everyone "This is how you dig for gold"!

He shut up after those stories! Have you become the embarrassing mom yet?

JennieMarie1103

Asked by JennieMarie1103 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2012 in General Parenting

• how cute! I'm not embarrassing but my children are.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• LMAO! I am sure I am, but my kids have a pretty good sense of humor and play along for the most part. DS is just shy of being too cool for me.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Nope, DS doesn't seem to get embarrassed yet.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I was the embarrassing mom before I even got married and had kids.
    I would embarrass my mother by just walking next to her.
    I could embarrass my nephews in a heart beat. My little brother Was fine with me fighting his battles but other than that I was embarrasssing.
    My two older brothers and my father thought I was a stitch and my older sister was sure I would never find a date. lol
    My kids grew up with it and just learned that is the way I am.
    I play peak a boo with other people's kids in the store.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I think kids do WAY more embarassing things then us mom do! Especially my 3 year old nephew. I now refuse to go out in public with him alone!
    JennieMarie1103

Comment by JennieMarie1103 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• must be the age..my DS is 7, and apparently, i've been embarrassing him for about 4mos. the least little thing is embarrassing, whether its a brag, a memory of when he was younger, a laugh at a HAHA we shared told to someone else...yep, i'm embarrassing him.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• LOL not yet
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 10:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• LMAO, my kids aren't old enough to be embarrassed yet, but they sure can be embarrassing. Do you know how horrifying it is to have your child explode what can only be described as Slum Dog Millionaire all over the floor of a gift shop at Universal Studios? Oh, then leak it half way across the park to the nearest bathroom?? I had to interrupt the line to tell the cashier that my child crapped all over the floor.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Just tell him that it gets worse as he gets older. You are going to do so many things to embarrass him that this day will seem normal.
    blondie805

Answer by blondie805 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I don't know if my four-year-old daughter is exactly embarrassed yet, but it won't be long. She's starting to tell me, in a nearperfect bored teenager tone, "Mom, you can't go out with that shirt on. It has a stain" or "Mom, that shirt's too tight. It makes your tummy look big." Gee thanks, kid. My tummy's big because you bounced around in there for nine months and unsprung the springs.

When my youngest cousin on my mom's side was about two or three, I took her to see "Home Alone." There's this part where the kid in the movie shoots one of the would-be burglars through the dog door with a slingshot or something. My cousin starts bouncing up and down on my lap--so I can't pretend I don't know her--squealing, "He got shot in the weiner! He got shot in the wiener!" She'll never live that one down. *Smile.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2012