I was watching this movie..

.. and it had me thinking. Do you think you can believe in God and also believe that you have free will? If God is all knowing then he knows what you will do before you do it. How does he know what you will do if you don't know until you do it? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well he knows what I am going to do before I do but the free will comes when he allow me to do the wrong thing and dont stop me
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 10:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• So you think we have free will.. sometimes? How is it your own free will if he knew it would happen? If he knew about it then it was predetermined that you would do it.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• We have free will all the time. I believe in God.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• So you don't believe God knows what will happen?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• Sure, plenty of people find belief in both completely compatible
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I'm not saying God takes our free will away. I'm just saying that if God is all knowing then our actions are predetermined and we have no free will. If you believe God is all knowing then how can he know something that will happen 10 years from now if we have free will? Our free will would be constantly changing the future and he would have no idea what would happen.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• I don't think you can believe that God knows what will happen in the future and also believe that we have free will. It doesn't make sense.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2012

• He knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake....
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• If you were psychic and knew your neighbor was about to check the mail box does that mean you had any influence over it. Knowing the future does not mean you influence it.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:31 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I'm not saying anyone has influence over our decisions. I'm just saying that if we had free will the future would always be changing and no one would be able to know what will happen.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2012