This lady didnt find out she was pregnant until 8 months...is technology really off date

Just found out im nearly 8 months pregnant after negative blood, urine and ultrasound! Has this ever happened?

I have been in and out of the hospital for a few months now, Once for carpal tunnel, once for breast tenderness which they said was because of caffeine. three or four times for 3 months of my right foot swelling. I have been diagnosed with low iron and have had high blood pressure a couple of times when i had my check ups. (Never had before) Every time i went to the doctor i received a urine test they were all negative. I had a blood test back in march and it was negative. I would have been close to 8 weeks then. I also had an ultrasound in April to check for pcos that was negative and no baby. My second ultrasound was done in the beginning of august for pelvic pain and my foot swelling because it was driving me crazy and still they did not mention anything about pregnancy! I had to be 7 months! this can't be real! How can a technician not see a baby this far along. I went in for a check up Monday and wala! Im pregnant! How did this happen has it happened before has anyone heard of this, why could they not find out! i have been drinking and smoking! I have only gained like 10-15 pounds and stomach is not hard or anything! Please help! i can't believe this!
2 years ago
Report Abuse

Additional Details

thanks so much for your answers. the doctor just recommended that i quit smoking and drinking as soon as possible. and yes i am very shocked, there is so much i have to do with such little time to prepare. The ultrasounds shock me the most. i thought this was a definite answer for pregnancy but they weren't looking for that i guess. the only thing i remember during my last ultrasound is that there was extreme pressure when trying to locate the left ovary to the point where he could not continue because of the pain. the pain seemed to be on my bowels or something towards my back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I don't know what to say. I did have an occassion where I was pregnant for 3 months before the tests showed. I suppose sometimes your body hides it . I just don't know.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:06 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• your answer makes sense lol it really does...doctors think youre crazy when you know whats wrong with you and i guess thats her case also
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I personally know two people this has happened to. One didn't know she was pregnant till six weeks before the baby came. She'd never had a blood test, and also she barely showed. The week she gave birth, someone asked her if she was adopting a baby, because she just didn't look pregnant. The other girl, she was quite heavy, so she wasn't used to havig a regular menstrual cycle, and pregnancy didn't really seem to ad many pounds since she started out high. She went to the emergency room with abdominal pains and was told she was in labor. Go figure!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I could se u not showing due to being really thin or overly heavy, and a lot of the symptoms vary, morning sickness heart burn, constipation.. All things people deal with for other reasons and if ur hormone level of off I could see u still not knowing.. But how in the work do they jot notice in a ultrasound? That's odd to me and how do u not ever feel a baby kick or move. In the beginnj g it feels kinda like gas but I'm 26 weeks pregnant and ifeel like I have an alien in my body certain parts of the day.. Dunno how that is chalked up to gas
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 1:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• Why does your post say "2 years ago". At the bottom of the first paragraph?

Ultrasound isn't perfect. Mine were terrible the dr diagnosed my DS with all sorts of terrible things they were positive he had. Turns out they were wrong about everything.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:22 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• How do you not feel a 3-4 lbs child moving around in your uterus? I call BS

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• Weird... I have the opposite story... everyone (Doctors, ultrasounds and all) keep telling me I am pregnant, but I know they are lying, freakin' psycho's! That thing in my uterus HAS to be a cyst or something.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• @ryan this was on yahoo answers she posted it two years ago and people always tell her story
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Oct. 8, 2012