Inducing labor?

K. so im not due till the 16th, but my best friend is visiting from across the country and i really want her to be there when i go into labor. How can i make my baby want to come out? Is it to early for my doctor to induce it for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most doctors won't induce you unless there is a medical reason the baby needs to come out soon. That being said, it is not to early to try and have your baby if you are due the 16th.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 7:29 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• well you have to know, that every doctor who will induce you without a medical reason is an idiot. There is no good doctor on this planet who will induce you just because your friend is visiting you and you want her to be there for you when your baby is born.

After week 40 or medical reason before week 40 is when they will induce you.

Your baby will come out when s/he is ready. I wish you good luck. Maybe your baby wants to meet your friend too ;-)

and i hope you will have a great time with your friend :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• GRANTED THIS IS MY FIRST CHILD AND IM ONLY 4 MONTHS ALONG SO U DONT HAVE TO TAKE MY ADVICE, BUT THE THING I WOULD BE SCARED ABOUT IS, WHAT IF THERE OFF ON YOUR DUE DATE BY LETS SAY A WEEK, SO NOW IF THEY DID INDUCE YOU BECAUSE YOUR FRIEND IS HERE YOU WOULD NOW BE DELIVERING 2 WEEKS EARLY. THAT IS JUST WHAT SCARED ME BECAUSE THE DRS COULD BE OFF ON THE DUE DATE. I WOULD WAIT UNTIL THE BABY IS READY, YOUR FRIEND HAS ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO SEE THE BABY GROW UP. DO WHAT YOUR BABY NEEDS NOT WHAT YOU AND YOUR FRIEND WANTS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• If he's a good OB he wont induce you unless there was a medical reason, not out of conveniance. Due dates are a guess, a happy medium. You could think you are 38-39 weeks and only be 36-37 and well, would you take that chance just so your friend could be there?

Try walking, and sex, and eating spicy foods. Drive down a bumpy road etc. If the more "natural" methods don't help then an induction may not either because your body isn't ready and you could wind up with a c/s. Remember half of all inductions fail...
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:47 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• sex, walking, spicy foods, warm bath, pineapple...
    don't do castor oil though!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• If your baby doesn't come while your friend is here...take advantage of the last time you two will get to spend together complelty kid free! You won't get this opportunity again after the little one comes, so kick back, eat some ice cream, walk the mall like maniacs to try and get things moving, but try to just enjoy your time together :) Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2009